Customized strategies for business owners and entrepreneurs
Becoming a client
Is There a Fit?
Our team follows the triple AAA guidelines to determine if there is a fit for potential clients; the guidelines are as follows:
- A for Assets – Potential clients have investible assets of $300,000 or more (except those prospective clients related to an existing client as we value our existing family relationships.)
- A for Attitude – Potential clients share a similar investment attitude with us; we follow a moderate investment philosophy and do not invest in penny stocks. They must also be willing to commit the majority of their investible assets with us to our core discretionary investment program.
- A for Advocacy – We are huge supporters and advocates of our clients, and we expect our clients to be our supporters and advocates too. Our client relationships are very important to us. Open communication must flow both ways in order to have a supportive relationship experience that often times can last decades.
Generally speaking, our clients are those willing to delegate their investment decisions and prefer to not be involved in the day-to-day responsibilities of managing their portfolio but focus instead on the big picture and what matters most to them.
What Makes Us Different?
- We operate a discretionary investment program that allows us to make timely buy and sell decisions without having to contact you so when you’re away or busy, we can still manage your investments.
- We own what our clients own.
- We offer a comprehensive approach to wealth management from insurance policies to estate planning, as everyone has a unique financial situation.
- Each quarter, clients receive an account and performance update. This outlines your portfolio performance (annually and since inception), on a household basis, all net of fees.
- We keep you up to date with regular communication pieces such as our weekly IN FOCUS newsletter and quarterly market commentary. They are all designed to keep you informed about your portfolio and to provide market insights.
Becoming a Client
The first step in becoming a client is to phone or email us to arrange a complimentary introductory meeting where we meet face-to-face in our office or your home, whichever is best for you. This initial meeting is to learn more about each other in order to determine whether or not there is a fit for us to move forward. We want to get a thorough understanding of you - your personal goals, risk tolerance, and investment experience and more.
We will not pressure you into making a decision on the spot, and similarly would appreciate the same. Instead, we will follow up a week later to determine what the next steps (if any) are.
If we mutually decide to move forward together then new account paperwork and transfer documents (if any) are completed at a secondary meeting. We will keep you updated during the transfer and account opening process. Once your portfolio is fully invested you will have regular communication from us in the form of:
- Regular phone calls and emails
- Annual planning and review meetings
- Weekly IN FOCUS newsletter and quarterly market commentary
If you are not interested in moving forward at that moment in time but wish to keep in touch we will include you in our IN FOCUS newsletter distribution list and invite you to client events and educations seminars throughout the year.
Please click on the link below to stay connected via email.
*You can withdraw your consent at any time by unsubscribing to our emails.
Website legal disclaimers
Raymond James Ltd. is an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Raymond James Financial, Inc.
Securities-related products and services are offered through Raymond James Ltd., member Canadian Investor Protection Fund.
Insurance products and services are offered through Raymond James Financial Planning Ltd, which is not a member Canadian Investor Protection Fund.
Raymond James Trust Services are offered by Raymond James Trust (Canada) in the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Ontario, and by Raymond James Trust (Québec) Ltd. in the province of Québec. Both entities are wholly owned subsidiaries of Raymond James Ltd. Trust Services are not covered by the Canadian Investor Protection Fund.
Use of the Raymond James Ltd. website is governed by the Web Use Agreement | Client Concerns.